Friday, October 2, 2009

express - oh!

--------------------------------------------------------

excerpt:


"There's something exceedingly charming about the whole thing...

Him; working behind the bar; Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! at the espresso machine; diligently ensuring each customer gets more than he asked for...

Me; feverishly watching him; jealousy slowly ensuing as his fingers whisk cream around to create designs in coffee instead of whisking my hair from my face...

Neither of us realize my wandering eyes watching him...


Suddenly, someone enters my pretty picture. She sits down at the bar facing the espresso machine and, effectively, him.

She orders a latte; watches him make it, and they begin to talk.
She told him where she went to school, what she wants to do with her life. They bond over similar interests. The fluidity of their conversation reminds me of when we first met. From ten feet away i can see the design in her drink is the same design he did for me so many months ago.

I was tempted to keep watching them interact, allowing jealousy to take over me completely.

I look away to cool the burning feeling in my stomach and bury my head in my book- distracting myself with what i should've been focusing on, focusing instead on my favorite distraction:

The Tuk! Tuk! Tuk! of the espresso machine, and that sexy boy behind the bar..."


-

No comments:

Post a Comment